If there is a beet salad on an appetizer menu, chances are I want to order it. Especially if it involves goat cheese! This is a twist on a traditional beet salad and it’s all thanks to these springy little spirals.
Spiralizing veggies just makes them so much more FUN. You may have seen me showing off the Cuisinart PrepExpress on QVC, and if you did, you heard me say how this has fast become one of our absolute favorite kitchen tools. It spiralizes with the push of a button in seconds and all of the parts pop right into the dishwasher, which is huge.
We’ve done everything from your standard zoodles to sweet potato ribbons to these beautiful beet springs. My 3-year-old gets so excited any time we break this out and when we whipped this up as an easy no-cook side dish, he loved this salad. And that was his first time having beets!
This is such a great summer staple and the spiralizing really steps up presentation to make it perfect for easy entertaining.
- 3 beets, peeled and chopped into large, narrower halves or quarters, to fit in spiralizer
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- course sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
1) Spiralize the beets (you can use any kind of spiralizer)
2) In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, EVOO, vinegar and honey until combined
3) In a large bowl, combine beet spirals and arugula
4) Drizzle dressing over top, top with goat cheese crumbles and pecans, toss to combine