Quick and delicious weeknight meals are a must in the summer and these air fryer salmon cakes are all of that and more. I make them with the canned lightly smoked salmon from Trader Joe’s, but you can use any brand canned or even pre-made or leftover cooked salmon of your choice. A few keys to success here- first, use the oil the salmon comes packed in for added flavor and to help bind the cakes together. Next, flip about halfway through cooking so both sides get super crispy. You can easily customize these air-fryer salmon cakes with your favorite herbs but I used scallion and dill and it was a perfect combo, especially with the zip of lemon zest thrown in. You can also swap out the salmon and do tuna or crab cakes with this recipe. Any of them would be equally as fast, fuss-free and yummy.
Check out my IG Reel for a video play-by-play or just follow my instructions below. The pairing options are pretty vast for these, they’d be great with any greens or grilled veggies. I made a farro salad with chickpeas, arugula and leftover pesto and it was a great side. The recipe below makes four medium-sized patties but can be doubled and prepped up to one day ahead.
- 1 can salmon, oil from can included (Lightly Smoked from Trader Joe’s or another brand)
- 3 chopped scallions, white and light green portions
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- zest of a lemon
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mayo
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients together with a fork.
- Form into 4 medium-sized patties.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes until desired crispness, flipping halfway through.
For some other great summer recipes, check out my Summery Arugula Salad with Grilled Peaches, Creamy Avocado Pesto or Summer Gazpacho.